Business Central is ideally located off Yarm Road in the heart of Darlington.
The 60 office state of the art building has excellent access to major road networks in the North East and Darlington Railway station.
Situated on the 30-hectare Central Park Tees Valley Enterprise Zone, next to the government-funded National Biologics Manufacturing Centre.
- Designed with today’s businesses in mind, Business Central offers fantastic office and meeting space with excellent connectivity.
- The building is accessible 24/7 and all offices enjoy a secure door entry system.
- There is full disabled access on site and dedicated disabled parking bays.
- We also have onsite shower facilities and sheltered cycle parking for those that wish to cycle their commute.
- The Business Central team are always on hand to greet your clients with a smile as they arrive at the communal reception area.
- Prices start at just £49 per week for luxurious office space.
- An Open Space co-working facility is also available which is perfect for people who want to work on the go.
- Managed by the North East Business and Innovation Centre (BIC), Open Space members can also access the co-working facilities at the BIC’s headquarters in Sunderland.
- Delivered by TEDCO Business Support, advice and guidance workshops are available from the centre, for those considering self-employment.
- The £6.6m project has been supported with funding from European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) (£3.30m) and the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) (£3m)
Meet the team
Vanessa Wood, centre manager
I joined as centre manager when Business Central was just a building site and have seen it flourish to the state of the art office space it is today. I have welcomed an array of businesses since we first opened in April 2014 and have enjoyed overseeing the growth of our business community. The BIC team is very much focused on creating a community, a centre for people not just to work from but to feel an alliance to and this is something that I am confident we have replicated here.
Ian Frostwick, operations support assistant
Having previously worked as operations director I have a wealth of experience dealing with business space and facilities. It’s great getting to know the businesses that locate here and I take pride in ensuring everything is working efficiently for them. I am excited to be working in this new facility and I love to welcome and work with businesses joining our community.
Margaret Binns, services executive
I have seven years’ experience as a receptionist/administrator and am delighted to be part of the Business Central team. I can usually be found giving guests a warm welcome at reception and showing off our fabulous office space and meeting room facilities. I love interacting and meeting new people so do come and say hello when you visit. I see so many people come through the doors here and getting to know what they do is something that always interests me.